When Someone Dies
Care of the Deceased
Often a favourite suit or outfit is chosen by family members for their loved one. Some options are:
- Own clothes – suit; shirt & tie; casual clothing (provided by family)
- Funeral Shroud/Nightdress (provided by Douglas Funeral Directors)
- Shirt & Tie (provided by Douglas Funeral Directors)
- High-necked Clothing (recommended if post-mortem examination has been conducted)
Where the Deceased Will Repose
- Douglas Funeral Home
- Deceased’s Own Home
- Other Family Member’s Home
- Church (overnight prior to service)
Visiting/Viewing the Deceased
Should I View or Remember?
This is a very individual decision. Some may feel an absolute need to view the deceased prior to the funeral, whilst others may prefer to remember a loved one as they were in happier times. Should viewing be required/requested, our premises offer:
- Unrestricted Viewing/Visiting at our Premises Monday to Friday 8.45am to 5.00pm; other times are available by arrangement, including at the weekend.